Monday, August 18, 2008

Choosing the VP

The next big announcement from the presidential candidates will revolve around their choice for vice president.

Democratic Sen. Barack Obama has many good candidates from which to choose. Obama's announcement is expected at the end of the week. Those on his list could be Sen. Joe Biden, Sen. Evan Bayh, Kansas Gov. Kathleen Sebelius, Retired General Wesley Clark, New Mexico Gov. Bill Richardson, or someone else.

On the Republican side, Sen. John McCain has his list of possible running mates. Many names have been mentioned including Gov. Bobby Jindal, Mitt Romney, Mike Huckabee, Gov. Charlie Crist, or he could pick a person with a lower profile.

No matter which running mates are picked, it will be interesting to see what develops.

_________

I did watch that special forum that was conducted by Rev. Rick Warren on Saturday night. I watched the entire segment with Sen. Barack Obama. His answers were thoughtful, relevant, and intelligent------just as I expected. However, I could only watch about six minutes of the McCain questioning before I became uncomfortable. I quickly had to change the channel.