Monday, December 08, 2008

I've Never Been Paid A Bonus

In my lifetime of work, I've never received a bonus. I've just read over at the Huffington Post that some CEO's are still expecting and fighting to receive millions of dollars in bonuses. Exactly what did these CEO's do to deserve a bonus? Did their companies earn money? Did they solve problems? In my humble opinion, if their company lost one dime, no one should get a bonus.

I taught school for 18 years. I was never paid a bonus.

Times are tough. People are losing their homes, cutting back on food and medicine, and reducing their spending. CEO's should do the same. Instead of taking that bonus, these big shots should instead focus their time and energy into fixing their companies to make them profitable again.

Here is my final advice to those CEO's: Act like a mensch and refuse the bonus.