Saturday, September 18, 2010

The Gospel According to Mike Huckabee

I was a little surprised about Republican Mike Huckabee's recent statement that he is against health insurance for people with pre-existing conditions.  Huckabee, obviously must have been preaching from some other holy book when he was a Baptist minister. I don't recall anything in the Bible which says that Jesus healed people, except if they had a pre-existing condition. 

Rick Ungar puts in his two cents about Huckabee's views at Forbes:

...I guess Huck figures that a child born with a serious medical condition should never be entitled to expensive but needed medical care throughout his or her life because, in the Governor’s words, that house has already burned down....

...there are hundreds of thousands of ‘innocents’ in this country who did nothing to earn their pre-existing condition beyond being born.


I found myself wondering how Huckabee could possibly believe that his lack of compassion for these people  somehow represented a Christian point of view....

Mike Huckabee has revealed himself as a man who'd rather gain power, than show kindness.  None of us chose what traits we'd have or what disabilities/defects we'd have.  Huckabee has demonstrated his lack of compassion, kindness, and understanding.

From EncouragingBibleQuotes:


Matthew 25:41-45
Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.' They also will answer, 'Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?' He will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did not do for one of the least among you, you did not do for me.'