Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Tuesday's Notes

* President Bush is still trying to justify his veto for the children's healthcare program, S-CHIP, according to the NY Times. While his war in Iraq is costing us $2 billion/week, Mr. Bush is unwilling to support healthcare for poor American children.

* While surfing cable channels on TV yesterday, I saw about 2 minutes of that new right wing financial channel. When I realized the person on the screen was Neil Cavuto, I knew I had seen enough. I'll continue to get my financial news from CNBC.

* Last night on the Daily Show, Jon Stewart showed a number of video clips of right wingers like Hannity 'dissing' the awarding of the Nobel Peace Prize to Al Gore. Check out the video here.

* There is an interesting story and video from KMOV-TV in St. Louis about the return of injured members of the military. (I thought that Bush and the Pentagon did not allow pictures to be shown of the wounded.) Here is an excerpt from KMOV:
... Monday morning a giant C-17 plane arrived at Scott Air Force Base carrying war wounded....

....
Scott Air Force Base is one of three hubs transferring the wounded onto flights to their home bases or keeping some overnight till their flight out the next day....

.....
An average of 1,500 war wounded pass through Scott Air Force base in a year.