Tuesday, December 16, 2008

News

- A few months ago, we became grandparents. This has been a very happy time. My husband shows pictures of our grandson to nearly every person he meets. I find it necessary to explain to store clerks that my toy purchases are for my grandson. I think we've become those obnoxious grandparents who pull out fresh pictures of their grandchild every single day. My daughter and son-in-law are in a mixed marriage. She is a Democrat. He is a Republican. Even though the baby is just under three months old, I'm trying to enhance his vocabulary. I'm teaching him words like "Mama" and "Obama" and "Go Bucks." You can never start too soon.

- It does feel good to know that Democrats will be the majority party in the House and the Senate. I'm glad to know that Barack Obama will be our next President.


- In President-elect Obama's news conference yesterday, he mentioned that there were "shovel ready" projects that could help put people back to work. That is very encouraging to all of us.

- I was very impressed with Obama's "Green Team" that he introduced yesterday. He has really brought forward some of the best and brightest in our country to tackle difficult problems.