Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Bruce is Still the Boss

Last night I had privilege of seeing Bruce Springsteen in concert at the Germain Amphitheater. Bruce is currently on a world tour to promote his new album, We Shall Overcome: The Seeger Sessions. One of his most moving songs was "Bring Them Home" and I don't think there was a dry eye in the audience. Although I've seen Springsteen in concert many times before, I can honestly say that this was definitely one of my favorites. Bruce was inspiring, fun, and absolutely phenomenal.

To get a real review of the concert, read Curtis Schieber's piece in the Dispatch. Pictures from the show can be found here. If you are interested, the Dispatch also has a story about the rise of protest songs as President Bush's failures increase.


****With the Bush administration cutting more funding for research, it is important that we as citizens do our part to help promote science and research. If you are interested in providing support for the American Cancer Society, I'd suggest you visit the website for the Columbus Cattle Baron's Ball and see how you can help this important event.