Saturday, January 20, 2007

I Think I've Heard Everything Now

....Whispers learns that the 25-year-old blond twin of Barbara Bush is shopping a book proposal to major publishers in New York City. We're told that the project is vague and that she's initially only gauging publishers' interest. The White House wouldn't comment, but others say it will be a young-adult book based on the former grade school teacher's experiences with charity causes in Latin America..... US NEWS

I like the phrase "former grade school teacher's experiences..." because it is incredible. How many years did she teach? One or maybe two??????? Did she have body guards with her in the classroom? Did she only teach in schools that were called safe? Did she have yard duty? Did she have to worry about a "pink slip" if a school levy failed??????? Did she really teach or was she a classroom helper?

As a former teacher myself, I could write a book about my 18 years as a public school teacher. I know many teachers who are infinitely more qualified to write a book about their days in the classroom.

Now we know of possibly two books for the George W. Bush Library at SMU----
My Pet Goat
and Jenna's Big Book On Teaching School.