Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Want to Know What I Think?

---I would have kicked Sen. Joe Lieberman out of the Democratic caucus. I'm not a member of the Democratic caucus and, therefore, no one asked my opinion.

---If I were a big shot at MSNBC, I'd send Chris Matthews to charm school. Matthews is the rudest interviewer on MSNBC-TV. Recently, with talk that Hillary Clinton being nominated as U.S. Secretary of State, Matthews has been even more ridiculous.

---I think that Sen. Chuck Hagel should declare himself a Democrat or at least vote with the Dems in the Senate.

--- Do you know why Republicans are against any loans for the Big Three automakers? Republicans intensely dislike the unions that are part of the auto industry. The unions, historically, have always supported the Democrats and now the GOP have decided to pay back the unions for their lack of support. Personally, I think that the auto industry should be provided with some loans, with certain restrictions:
1. Reduce and reorganize the various car companies. Cut out duplicate models.
2. Find a way to get rid of the SUV's and encourage smaller, more gas efficient autos.
3. Reward auto employees with ideas that reduce waste, improve productivity, and costs.
4. Eliminate all bonuses for executives until loans are repaid and a profit is made.
5. Eliminate all executive travel and all perks.
6. Provide complete transparency and government oversight so that we can view what and how the automakers have spent their money in the past.

---I heard Sarah Palin has been offered millions of dollars to write a book. Give me a break! Palin has already worn out the welcome mat for many people. I wouldn't offer her ten cents to write a book. You'll see her book reduced for quick sale tables at books stores.