Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Joe Wilson and the Rest of the Republicans

Washington Post:

After an hour of debate, the lawmakers approved a resolution, 240-179, that said "be it resolved, that the House of Representatives disapproves of the behavior of the Representative from South Carolina, Mr. Wilson."

To see how your member of Congress voted on this resolution, check the Roll Call # 699.

* Former President Jimmy Carter has expressed an opinion in an interview with NBC's Brian Williams. MSNBC.com has the story:

....former Democratic President Jimmy Carter attributed much of the conservative opposition that President Obama is receiving to the issue of race.

"I think an overwhelming portion of the intensely demonstrated animosity toward President Barack Obama is based on the fact that he is a black man," Carter said. "I live in the South, and I've seen the South come a long way, and I've seen the rest of the country that share the South's attitude toward minority groups at that time, particularly African Americans."

Carter continued, "And that racism inclination still exists. And I think it's bubbled up to the surface because of the belief among many white people, not just in the South but around the country, that African-Americans are not qualified to lead this great country. It's an abominable circumstance, and it grieves me and concerns me very deeply."

I agree with Jimmy Carter. I believe that too many Republicans are racists and that is why they've created their major opposition to everything President Obama has proposed.