Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Frist, Glenn Beck, and the Radical Right

Senator Frist is the puppet of James Dobson and Randall Terry. How can Frist, a highly educated man, take this impossible and destructive stand? Is he trying to destroy the senate? Today he said that the Democrats were trying to "assassinate" the judicial nominees. This was a horrible choice of words.
Glenn Beck, a right wing radio host, said on his show that he would like to kill Michael Moore. I am no lawyer, but couldn't he be charged with conspiracy to committ murder??????? Here is the story from http://www.mediamatters.com ----"Clear Channel radio host Glenn Beck said he was "thinking about killing [filmmaker] Michael Moore" and pondered whether "I could kill him myself, or if I would need to hire somebody to do it," before concluding: "No, I think I could. I think he could be looking me in the eye, you know, and I could just be choking the life out -- is this wrong?"
The radical right is very frightening. If these people had their way, this country would no longer be a democracy. It would be a theocracy. The 2006 elections for the senate and the house of representatives should prove to be very interesting. Hopefully, American citizens remember Tom DeLay, Bill Frist and their behavior during 2004, and then vote for Democratic candidates.