Thursday, February 15, 2007

Bush's News Conference

I watched President Bush's News Conference until I couldn't stand it anymore. I had to change the channel. It was just plain embarrassing to watch him spin his lies and avoid the truth. Bush's talk about Iran and the 'Quds Force' reminded me so much of the buildup before his invasion of Iraq. It is just so frightening. Here is an excerpt from the news conference as reported in Fort Wayne Journal Gazette:

...What we do know is that the Quds Force was instrumental in providing these deadly IEDs to networks inside of Iraq. We know that. And we also know that the Quds Force is a part of the Iranian government. That’s a known. What we don’t know is whether or not the head leaders of Iran ordered the Quds Force to do what they did.

But here’s my point: Either they knew or didn’t know. And what matters is that they’re there....

"That's a known." Didn't Bush swear that there were WMD's in Iraq? Is this just another lie?

Another point in the text is this quote from Bush:
....You know, in recent months I’ve discussed our strategy in Iraq with members of Congress from both political parties. Many have told me that they’re dissatisfied with the situation in Iraq. I told them I was dissatisfied with the situation in Iraq.

And that’s why I ordered a comprehensive review of our strategy. I’ve listened to a lot of voices. People in my administration heard a lot of voices. We weighed every option....

Do you think that Bush really weighed every option? I doubt it. I don't think Bush is willing to 'weigh every option.' He knows what he wants and he thinks he is 'the decider.' Somehow I think President Bush was sleeping during his high school civics class when the topic was the balance of power in the federal government.

It is so sad to see this administration continue on this horrible path in Iraq. Our young men and women are being sacrificed for this administration's failures and lack of knowledge about the world. Because this administration has refused to use diplomacy, our young men and women are caught in the middle of a civil war.

I wish that one person can start a chorus with the word ENOUGH! If Americans could take 5 minutes from their day and e-mail/write/call their Member of Congress and Senators, and tell them this, "If you support the war in Iraq in words and actions, I will never vote for you in your next election. If you support the war in words and actions, I will oppose you in all ways possible."

It is time for all Americans to say ENOUGH!