Thursday, March 01, 2007

Republican Presidential Candidates

>Last night Sen. John McCain (AZ-R) went on David Letterman's show to announce he is running for president. I usually watch Letterman, but I decided I wouldn't watch it last night. McCain is not someone I'd support for president. Although I respect and honor McCain's military service, I do not respect and honor his current support for this administration and the war in Iraq. McCain has been getting too cozy with the religious right wing of the Republican party. This disturbs me. Also, McCain's support for the surge/escalation does not make me feel comfortable at all. If McCain were elected president, our troops would remain in Iraq for another ten years. I cannot support someone who would let that happen.

>Rudy Giuliani, might be getting favorable reviews by some Republicans, but I would never, ever vote for him. How can you respect a man who carried on a public adulterous relationship and then let wife #2 he was divorcing her while he was speaking on TV? Rudy is not a nice guy. Before 9/11, his popularity in NYC was in the pits.

>Mitt Romney..... yawn.

>Sam Brownback.....are you #%*@$*@ kidding me?????!!!!!

>Jeb Bush..... Is this a monarchy? We've had enough screwups from that family.

Can you tell I am not even remotely impressed by these GOPers?