Friday, March 07, 2008

Updates

* You must check out the video/political cartoon by the Washington Post's Ann Telnaes. Using Amy Winehouse's recent song, Cheney and his friend have something to sing. LINK

* Republican Rep. Deborah Pryce (OH-15) is working hard to increase her percentage of missed votes. According to the Washington Post, Pryce has missed 174 votes (13.8%) since January 2007. Since she is not running for re-election, she'd just rather stay in Ohio rather than work for her constituents. Do you think she should return 13.8% of her salary?

* Do you wonder how John McCain's skin cancer and malignant melanoma has been doing since 2001? Riskworld has some info in a link to a Newsweek story:
Arizona Sen. John McCain tells Newsweek that last summer, even though he was a bit scared after he learned that his skin cancer had spread and was malignant melanoma, "I really spent my time trying to keep Cindy [his wife] and the kids calm about it. I'm a little bit of a fatalist, given that my life has been full of narrow escapes. But I didn't want to let it show. My doctors told me we had to act as soon as possible. I was all for that."
It was also in the middle of the presidential campaign. "That was a really hard, frightening time," says Cindy McCain in a joint Newsweek interview, the first time they've spoken about his battle against cancer and how it affected his life and family......

Is he at high risk of having it again?