Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Are you kidding?

Today I heard that more and more white women were starting to support McCain. Are you ****** kidding me? Which group took these polls? As a woman myself, I think that any woman that supports the presidency of John McCain is a fool.

* Salon.com has an article about how Sarah Palin promoted the aerial hunting of wolves in Alaska. Here is an excerpt from Salon:

......In early 2007, Palin's administration approved an initiative to pay a $150 bounty to hunters who killed a wolf from an airplane in certain areas, hacked off the left foreleg, and brought in the appendage. Ruling that the Palin administration didn't have the authority to offer payments, a state judge quickly put a halt to them but not to the shooting of wolves from aircraft.....

* Bob Barr, now on The Rachel Maddow Show on MSNBC, said at one time John McCain had up to 5 dozen lobbyists working for him. Wow.

* Today I got so tired of hearing how McCain was ahead in the polls that I took action:
>> 1. I wrote out a check to the Barack Obama campaign.
>> 2. I volunteered at the local phone bank at the Ohio Campaign for Change.

* Meghan McCain said something interesting today. Raw Story has part of Meghan McCain's interview on The Today Show (Keith Olbermann mentioned this tonight also.). Here is what Miss McCain said:

"My father's obviously a famous war hero. No one knows what war is like other than my family, period."

Really? No one else understands what war is like? Only the McCain family has suffered the most? I'm sure that there are many military families that would disagree. Today, not only are our young men and women dying in the Bush-McCain Iraq war, but many are suffering life altering physical and mental wounds. But remember, only the McCain family knows what war is like.