Vacation Days Taken by Presidents
During 1st 19 Months of Office
Bush 115 > 48 Obama
The Republicans have always had problems with numbers.
Here in Ohio, Rob Portman, friend of George W. Bush, the Bush family, and a real Washington, DC insider, has tried to sell the idea that he'll bring "change" to our country. Really? Really.
Portman will bring back the good old days of the Republican rule. Let us stroll down memory lane and look at some of the problems we endured during the administration of President George W. Bush:
1. the credit crisis
2. collapse of Lehman Brothers---triggers massive problems
3. invasion of Iraq
4. slow response to Hurricane Katrina by Bush's administration
5. torture supported by members of the Bush administration
6. Donald Rumsfeld: inadequately supplied our troops
7. subprime mortgage crisis
8. lack of oversight of Wall Street, eventual bailouts
9. Bush extended Executive Powers
10. lack of oversight in mining and oil industries
11. companies outsourced jobs
12. lack of interest in a Presidential Daily Briefing that warned of imminent attack
13. tax cuts given to rich, debt increased
14. country controlled by Neocons trying to force right wing agenda
15. unfunded mandate: Medicare drug program
16. unfunded mandate: "No Child Left Behind"
17. science held hostage by right wingers
19. gasoline prices approach and exceed $4/gal.
20. right wing politics held back and altered information on climate change, and pollution
This is just my small list. If you look on the internet, you'll find many sites that list Bush's failures. Rob Portman supported, worked for, and executed the policies of the Bush administration in the areas of the budget and trade. Today we see the results of Portman's work. In other words, Portman really messed up a lot of stuff.
Portman = Bush = Portman = Bush = Portman = Bush = Portman = Bush