Wednesday, January 05, 2011

I've been visiting....

* A family member has recently been moved to a nursing home.  It has been an eye-opening experience.  To see a former vibrant, strong-willed,  woman unable to walk and experiencing confusing has been heartbreaking.  I carry on because my family member did so much for me and my family.  Although I am unable to provide the nursing, physical, psychological, and support care, my daily visits are my way of paying back.

Although I visit every single day, there are many other residents who did not receive one visitor in the last several weeks or months.  They've been forgotten.  If you have a grandparent, parent, relative, neighbor, or friend in a nursing home, visit them. They might not remember your name or your visit, but you will never forget it.