Monday, January 31, 2011

Worth A Look

A little satire goes a long way.  A video posted at the ModerateVoice and WritesLikeSheTalks, lampoons Gov. John Kasich's recent response to the Ohio Legislative Black Caucus:  "I don't need your people."

In case you are unaware, Republican Gov. John Kasich has a personal staff and a cabinet made up of all whites.  (YouTube)



Here are part of the lyrics as posted at WritesLikeSheTalks:

“Never Known A Non-White Man”
(To the Tune of “Never Been to Spain” by Three-Dog Night)


Well I never knew a black man.
But I kinda like their music.
They say that Asians with computers–
Would know just how to use it.
I won’t appoint them.
I won’t anoint them.
I just refuse it.


Well I never knew a gay one.
But I liked ole Liberace.
Well, I headed for the State House
Wanting folks who look just like me.
Can you feel it?
Can you deal with it?
Feels so good.
Oh, feels so good!


Well I’ve got an all-white cabinet.
But my janitors are so diverse.
Well they say that they work hard there.
But I pay them no attention.
Leave me alone, yeah, throw them a bone, no.
What does it matter?
What does it matter?!.............





It certainly makes you think that John Kasich doesn't know and just doesn't care about diversity and getting input from all Ohioans - - - not just his white country club types.