Friday, April 24, 2009

Shame and Disgust at the Use of Torture

Trust me, I'm no Peggy Noonan. I don't want these torture accusations to just go away. I'm positive that there are millions of Americans that share my view that we need to prosecute those that planned and allowed people to be tortured. Waterboarding and other forms of "enhanced interrogation" are torture. Sean Hannity, Rush Limbaugh, and Dick Cheney's have trivialized torture in their interviews in the past few days. Limbaugh even slapped himself on his show to try to prove slapping wasn't that harmful. (I'd like to see him really get slapped by some interrogator. He'd cry like a baby.) Hannity volunteered to be waterboarded for charity.

I think we need to write, e-mail, fax, and call our Senators and Representatives and let them know how upset we are that someone tortured in our name, and then they justified it.