Saturday, August 25, 2007

Midge and Other Dogs

I just can't pass up a story about a dog. I saw this on the Today Show and I had to share it.
MSNBC:
Though she’s only a 6-pound Chihuahua-rat terrier mix who looks like she belongs in Paris Hilton’s purse, Midge has the will, skill and nose of a 100-pound German shepherd.

The newest recruit for the Geauga County Sheriff Department’s K-9 unit could very well be the nation’s smallest drug-sniffing pooch....

Here is a picture of Midge, on the right, and her pal, Brutus, who is also a drug-sniffing dog: (pic origin: AP)


The image “http://msnbcmedia1.msn.com/j/msnbc/Components/Photos/060802/060801_tinydog_hmed_7p.hmedium.jpg” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.

Whenever I see puppies, I immediately think of this front page from the NY Post:
(re-posted at Hotline blog)

The image “http://hotlineblog.nationaljournal.com/tabloids.bmp” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.

In recent weeks, there have been stories about the alleged dog-fighting activities of professional football player, Michael Vick. I only had to hear the details once. Now, when a newscaster feels the need to provide the gory specifics, I change the channel.

Judi Giuliani and Michael Vick are not on my list of nominees for any award. I don't think I could stand to be in the same room with either of them. I cannot understand animal abuse. If I had been Judi Nathanson Giuliani, and my job required that I demonstrate a gruesome procedure on a dog, I would have quit on the spot. Michael Vick and his friends might think that dog-fighting is some sort of sport, but I think it is cruel and disgusting.


Rudy Giuliani cavorted around New York with his then mistress, Judi, while he was still married to his second wife. How can a man who cheats on his wife, disrespects his wife in public, and abandons his children assume that voters will believe that he is an honest and trustworthy person? A person's previous behavior can generally predict their future behavior.

Rudy, Judi, and Michael are not people I like or trust. There is no way I'd ever vote for Giuliani.