Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Warning! Vacation Ahead!


No, not my vacation! The House and the Senate are preparing to go on vacation within a few days. (Here in Ohio's 15th Congressional district, Republican Rep. Deborah Pryce, has been going on mini-vacations by taking long weekends. She has missed over 60 votes just since January!)

If you want to let your Senators and Representative know what is on your mind, you have a few days to send them a message until they leave town and pick up their suitcases for points unknown. Contact your member of Congress and/or your Senators by clicking the appropriate links.

Don't have a clue as to what you'd write in an e-mail or say in a phone call?
Let me give you a few suggestions:

> I am a constituent and I want Senator/Representative _______ to support an immediate troop withdrawal from Iraq. Bush's war in Iraq has nothing to do with September 11th.

> I am a constituent and I want Senator/Representative _______ to support expanding health care for children.

> I am a constituent and I want Senator/Representative _______ to support our troops by ending these extended and multiple deployments for members of our military. I am a good American and I support the troops but not Bush's Iraq policies.

> I am a constituent and I have been following the voting record of Senator/Representative _______ . I am very dissatisfied with his/her voting record, especially on his/her continued support of Bush's Iraq war. If the Senator/Representative does not vote to bring the troops home immediately, I will work to defeat the Senator/Representative in the next election by supporting his/her opponent.

You have my permission to use any or part of the above prompts.

Let me remind you that while our elected officials go on vacation, our men and women in uniform continue to fight, die, and get wounded in Iraq.