Tuesday, August 21, 2007

No Second Chances

I own two dogs. When I heard the accusations about animal abuse involving Michael Vick, I was just plain sick. I won't go into detail about Vick's alleged torture of animals. It is not like he did these alleged things once and then got caught. He, allegedly, was involved in these vicious, horrible animal cruelty activities repeatedly and over a long period of time. I'm not sure of what team Vick plays for and I don't care. Vick is a representative of his team and even a spokesman for some products. If Vick pleads guilty to these charges, and there is every indication he will, he should not be hired by anyone for anything.

Hopefully, Vick has saved some money and will be able to use that for his future. Sometimes people get second chances. However, when a person's behavior involves cruelty towards animals, as allegedly in Vick's case, there are no second chances.