Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Fire Him

I've been listening to the discussions concerning radio/TV talk show host Don Imus and his recent comments about the Rutgers Women's Basketball team. I think it is time for Mr. Imus to pack up his stuff and stay on his ranch.

If Imus had said those things about my daughters, he would not have a hair on his head. Imus insulted all women, African-Americans, female athletes, and everyone associated with their school, Rutgers University. It is 2007. Although Imus is a product of a different generation, his comments are unacceptable in the world we live in today. As the mother of daughters, I believe it is time for Imus to go. His programs' advertisers must understand that their commercials will appear as endorsements for Imus and his words. I am suggesting that the way to end his continuing hurtful remarks is to fire him.