Friday, April 20, 2007

Just Wondering

Gonzales-
I watched the hearing yesterday with Attorney General Alberto Gonzales. I was very disappointed. He used the phrase "I do not recall/remember" over 70 times. Is this what we are to expect from the Attorney General of the United States?

Bush in Ohio-
Raw Story found this story about Bush's rambling speech in Ohio yesterday. Here are some excerpts from the article:

...When Bush went to Ohio on Thursday to talk about terrorism, he ended up musing about marriage and chicken-plucking plants, the agony of death and his Oval Office rug, which resembles a sunburst.....

"The best thing about my family is my wife. She is a great first lady. I know that sounds not very objective, but that's how I feel. And she's also patient. Putting up with me requires a lot of patience."

"There are jobs Americans aren't doing. ... If you've got a chicken factory, a chicken-plucking factory, or whatever you call them, you know what I'm talking about."

"I've been in politics long enough to know that polls just go poof at times."

Makes you wonder if Bush is cracking under the strains of his office.