Thursday, October 02, 2008

I voted for Obama today!

Although I watched the entire vice presidential debate tonight, I found it very painful to listen to Sarah Palin. She is such a scatterbrain. She never really answered the questions that were directed to her. I'm so glad that there are no more vice presidential candidates debates because I cannot stand to listen to her voice.

My observations:

If I took a shot of whiskey every single time she said "mavericks" or "team of mavericks" I would have been drunk during the first half hour.

Palin could not adequately answer the question on bankruptcy.

Palin hates east coast politicians.

She repeatedly said "I betcha" and "heckuva."

She wants to get more authority for the Vice President. Is she a little hungry for power? Biden said that
Article I of the Constitution clearly defines the powers and duties of the Vice President.

Palin looked like she had talking points memorized, even if it meant she would not answer the questions.

She gave a shout out to third graders. (??????!!!!!!!)

Palin talked about General McClelland in Afghanistan. Is she confused with the Civil War?

When asked one question about what things she and McCain might have to delay because of the economy, she said that she "....has only been at this for five weeks...." OMG! That is scary.

I think that Joe Biden won this debate. I believe that Biden has the capacity and ability to be Vice President. My favorite Biden comments included when he said (paraphrasing)---- "McCain voted against a timeline to draw down troops.... We (Obama + Biden) will end the war. For McCain there is no end in sight."

> I voted for Obama and Biden today. I'm glad I did. Here in Ohio, we have early voting and people are stepping up and supporting Obama.