Tuesday, September 21, 2010

McCain Doesn't Get It

From  Americablog we have this:

....McCain and his sidekick, Lindsey Graham, held a victory press conference after they won the filibuster vote, which insured no imminent legislative action on DADT repeal. Kerry Eleveld was there -- and she deals in facts. She questioned McCain's flawed interpretation of how DADT works. He was wrong -- and it sure looked like he was was getting ready to explode because someone had the audacity to challenge him....

 Youtube video


...Igor adds:
In fact, as Almy explained in testimoney before McCain’s own committee (Senate Armed Services): “In Iraq, during the height of the insurgency, someone in the Air Force ordered a search of my private emails solely to determine if I had violated “Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell”, and to gather whatever evidence could be used against me.” “I was relieved of my duties, leading nearly 200 Airmen, my security clearance was suspended and part of my pay was terminated. Even as my commander was relieving me of my duties, he assured me this was in no way a reflection of my performance or my abilities as an officer,” Almy testified...

 I'm thankful that McCain is not the President of the United States. You might want to check out the comments at the Youtube website on this video.
__________
* Sen. Al Franken's speech today on the floor of the Senate was amazing.  Franken, who is against the current DADT policy, spoke from the heart:  Youtube





Sen. Al Franken's speech really makes a lot of sense.  It is time to repeal DADT.