* Have you seen the new Romney-Ryan-Akin platform? This will explain it all.
In Ohio, we have a lot of Republicans that support the Romney-Ryan-Akin platform. Even right wing, pro-tax cuts for the rich, Josh Mandel has demonstrated his anti-women agenda. I wrote about this in April of this year----
Writes Like She Talks had a post in 2009 in which Republican Josh Mandel marched in an anti-abortion protest in Cleveland. The story was carried in the Plain Dealer which had Josh Mandel involved in the march to protest a bill to promote a woman's right to choose. Mandel marched because he was against it. The Plain Dealer article reminds the reader that Sen. Sherrod Brown "....supports a woman's right to choose..."
There you have it! If you want Republicans to continue to restrict your access to birth control, cut off funding for Planned Parenthood, and get into your privacy, you can vote for Mandel.
However, if you want to retain your personal freedom and privacy regarding your reproductive organs, have health care for your gynecological needs, and keep Planned Parenthood operating, we need to re-elect Sen. Sherrod Brown. Sen. Sherrod Brown will have my vote because he respects me as a woman and my civil rights.
Thank you, Writes Like She Talks, for reminding us of Mandel's statements and actions against our reproductive freedom.
Josh Mandel might as well be part of the Romney-Ryan-Akin platform against women:
Bringing women back to the 1950's
Think of what Romney-Ryan-Akin-Mandel support.
- against women's reproductive choice,
- against the Affordable Care Act which covers women's cancer screenings,
- against Medicare which elderly women depend on,
- against Pell grants which helps women go to college,
- against the auto recovery act which brought more jobs to Ohio for men and women,
- against more funding for teachers, a majority of which are women,
- against the Lilly Ledbetter Act,
- against equal pay for women,
- against children's health care, etc., etc.
No woman should vote for these Republican clowns!