On Labor Day---
• American men and women have built our cars, buildings, bridges, and roads. They've taught in our schools, protected our communities, healed our sick, and worked in our stores. On Labor Day we honor the men and women who've created the infrastructure that is the foundation of what we have today. We should thank people in unions because they gave us weekends, job safety, and health care.
• On Ed Schultz tonight, Ed mentioned that the speakers at the Republican convention tried to reach out to women, but they failed. Ed said that "...not one Republican said anything about equal pay for equal work, health care, reproductive rights, or that guy from Missouri, Todd Akin...." Thank you, Ed!
• Larry Cohen of CWA said that people have coined a new word now with Romney as the GOP candidate. Workers are "bained" when they their lose jobs and see those jobs shipped overseas.
• Is Paul Ryan a serial liar? He even lied about his marathon running time! Thank goodness, Runner's World checks these things:
It turns out Paul Ryan has not run a marathon in less than three hours—or even less than four hours.
A spokesman confirmed late Friday that the Republican vice presidential candidate has run one marathon. That was the 1990 Grandma’s Marathon in Duluth, Minnesota, where Ryan, then 20, is listed as having finished in 4 hours, 1 minute, and 25 seconds....
• Can you imagine what would have happened if Mitch McConnell, John Boehner, and Eric Cantor, would have supported the President's jobs bills? Millions of people would have jobs! Rather than put people to work to rebuild the economy, McConnell, Boehner, Cantor, and the rest of the Tea Party Republicans sat on their behinds and did nothing. Nothing.
Despite the uncooperative Republicans, President Obama has helped turn the country around. All you need is this chart: (BarackObama/jobs)
There is one more point, and this goes to Mitt "let Detroit go bankrupt" Romney, and Josh Mandel, Ohio's anti-middle class Republican candidate---