Sunday, March 26, 2006

Stupid, but True

1. Republican candidate for the U.S. Senate from New York, K. McFarland, has accused U.S. Senator Hillary Clinton of spying with helicopters. Ms. McFarland must desperately want to get her name in the news to come up with this accusation. Really? Do you think Senator Clinton has a battalion of helicopters at her disposal to spy on an unknown candidate? McFarland must be overdosing on the Republican koolaid. Here is an excerpt from the Raw Story article:
"The whole room sort of went silent when she said it," one person said.
"You could see peoples' jaws drop after she said it. A guy next to me just turned to me and said, 'I guess she didn't take her Xanax today,' " the witness added.

In my opinion, McFarland is just another goofy N.Y. Republican.

2. Sensenbrenner is an arrogant, prejudiced, fool. Republican Rep. James Sensenbrenner, the guy who took the gavel and shut off the lights and microphones to end a congressional hearing, is at it again. This time Sensenbrenner has pissed off many Latinos and other immigrants. (This must be another way the Republicans are trying to win the hearts and minds of Latinos and immigrants.) This weekend's HUGE (500,000 in L.A.) marches show that many people are upset with Sensenbrenner's archaic and draconian plans to ram his hard-line immigration stance down the throats of every American. (Hey, people! This is why we have to vote Democratic and get these strange Republicans like Sensenbrenner out of office.) There are several stories about the peaceful marches here and here and here. My favorite picture is here.

3. Students who left Louisiana because of Katrina are facing a new hurdle: Texas school exams. Many relocated students have had major difficulties in the Texas schools. Many problems may have been caused by emotional problems having to do with lost relatives/friends, change of lifestyle, etc. However, school officials in Texas are already creating an expected outcome for students from Louisiana by saying that the Louisiana schools are inferior to Texas schools. I beg to differ. In my capacity as a teacher, I had a number of students who moved to our district from Texas. Those students from Texas always tested in the lower average of my class. They also seemed to have more information about Texas history than American history. I think the students from Louisiana have to face the fact that some administrators in the Texas education system are prejudiced and have been unwilling to be responsive to their needs.

4. -I was in sunny Florida last week. While in Florida, I searched for a progressive radio station. Unfortunately, I only found 6 stations with Limbaugh and 2 O'Reilly stations. I thought I'd listen to Limbaugh for a few minutes until my blood pressure spiked. While I listened for only a few minutes I caught a college student calling in for Limbaugh advice on a term paper. I would rather ask my neighbor's dog for advice about a college term paper instead of Limbaugh, who is a college drop out and a oxycontin-addict. When Limbaugh started to give his advice, I could no longer listen. I had to change the station before my blood started spurting out of my ears. I just could not handle listening to the idiot.

5. Senator George Allen is bored in the U.S. Senate. Gee whiz! Why the hell is he running for re-election? Poor bored George! If he needs something to do, perhaps the good people of his state should retire the guy. Obviously, he doesn't want to be there. The New York Times has an article about this bored George.