The Catholic Alliance for the Common Good has an article that reviews Paul Ryan's budget:
...A closer look at the accounting of “The Path to Prosperity,” reveals that the House Republican budget lets the bullies win, at the stake of well, everyone else: the middle class, seniors, working families and the poor.
A quick tally of who wins and who loses in the Republican budget looks like this:
* For the 1%, it provides more than 3 trillion dollars of tax cuts for the rich and wealthy companies;
* For big oil, it keeps in place $40 billion in tax giveaways;
* For seniors, it shreds the health care services they are counting on – driving up costs, ending Medicare as we know it;
* For the working poor, it cuts efforts to help struggling families get back on their feet, it ends meals for families amid deep job losses including $1 billion in cuts to the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program;
* For the disabled and children at risk, it leaves them on their own.
Serve the rich. That appears to be the value driving this budget.....
For the full article, click the link above. The author of the article reminds us of Proverbs 14:31. Paul Ryan and the Republicans need to put down the Ayn Rand books.
>>>> Sen. Bernie Sanders and other sponsors, including Sen. Sherrod Brown have a proposal to lower gas prices immediately!
Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) today introduced a bill to make federal regulators invoke emergency powers to rein in speculators responsible for rapidly-rising gasoline prices.
The legislation would set a 14-day deadline for the Commodity Futures Trading Commission to implement rules to stop excessive speculation by Wall Street traders in oil futures markets. Sanders’ bill is cosponsored by Sens. Richard Blumenthal (D-Conn.), Sherrod Brown (D-Ohio), Ben Cardin (D-Md.), Al Franken (D-Minn.), Amy Klobuchar (D-Minn.) and Bill Nelson (D-Fla.).
The measure was prompted by gasoline prices that are nearing $4 a gallon and the commission’s refusal to obey a Wall Street reform law that required trading limits to be in place by Jan. 17, 2011.....
According to the article, many believe that speculators have purposely pushed up prices.