Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Worth checking

*Make sure that you check out Maryellen O'Shaughnessy's Facebook Page. Maryellen is the Democratic candidate for Ohio Secretary of State.


* Have you visited Mr. Portman's Make Believe Neighborhood?

...Portman: I Owe My Career To The Bush Family. Talking about George
W. Bush, Portman said, “I feel like I really owe my political career to his
father.” Portman also said, “I have a loyalty and allegiance to making them
[the Bush administration] successful. I have a real commitment to that.” [The
Hill, 10/18/05; Cincinnati Enquirer, 3/18/05; AP, 3/29/03]

Portman: NAFTA Has Created Jobs In Ohio, Pennsylvania. During an appearance on
Fox News Sunday in June of 2008, Portman argued that the North American Free Trade
Agreement (NAFTA) and trade with Canada have “created an enormous number of jobs.”
Portman continued, “Exports are one of the few bright spots in our economy right now. It’s
true in Pennsylvania. It’s true in Ohio.” [Fox News, Fox News Sunday, 6/29/08]

NAFTA Caused Nearly 50,000 Jobs to Be Lost in Ohio. Ohio has lost 49,886 jobs
between 1993 and 2004 as a result of NAFTA. [Economic Policy Institute, 7/20/05]....

There are more facts and quotes from Portman at the Mr. Portman's Make Believe Neighborhood and they've been provided by the DSCC.